UNIT SUMMARY: Family environment working with a team oriented staff.
The unit is a 24-bed ICU unit
The St. David’s HealthCare Registered Nurse Supervisor (SNU) supervises Registered Nurses and other non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the SNU collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care and goals of the department. The SNU serves as a professional role-model and interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff. The SNU utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The SNU continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Unit operations: Directs optimal unit operations
· Interprets hospital and personnel policies to physician, nursing staff, patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
· Completes patient and employee incident reports and related paperwork within 24 hours of incident.
· Coordinates unit functions with other hospital departments.
· Maintains complete staff/patient assignment records 100% of the time. Assigns staff according to staff abilities and skills and the patient’s acuity.
· Participates in quality improvement activities every month by ensuring completed data collections.
· Receives and responds to concerns and ensures follow up for ultimate resolution.
· Contributes to the development and monitoring of unit budget and identifies equipment needs.
· Human Resources: Manages personnel activities
· Performs daily employee rounds using ICARE philosophy.
· Develops/approves unit schedules according to staffing guidelines. Coordinates employees’ attendance at scheduled/required education programs.
· Observes and documents staff work performance.
· Conducts employee evaluations and counseling in a timely manner.
· Assigns duties to staff to promote productivity.
· Oversees compliance with hospital dress code and employee health policies.
· Assists in interview process as needed.
· Unit activities: Coordinates activities of the unit
· Assists with unit meeting content to enhance team building and provide information to staff.
· Demonstrates the ability to organize, set priorities and exercises appropriate judgement.
· Serves as a resource to the staff for clinical problems, patient teaching and the use of hospital equipment.
· Coordinates the movement of patients both intra and inter-facility.
· Gives concise report to on-coming charge nurse including responses to intervention, pending tests, diagnostic results and areas requiring follow-up
· Facilitates inter disciplinary discharge planning by identifying needs, assisting with discharge teaching, and coordinating the activities of other services.
· Patient Care: Ensures patient needs are met in a competent and timely manner
· Performs daily patient rounds using ICARE philosophy
· Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and education.
· Provides for patient safety at all times by enforcing safety measures (including, but not limited to, appropriate use of eMAR and absence of “work arounds”, 12 hour chart checks completed, reassessment of continued need for restraints, critical lab repeat back)
· Ensures nursing interventions are performed and recorded according to policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
· Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs.
· Teaches, supervises, and serves as a resource person and makes assignments in accordance with the staff’s competency level. Serves as a mentor and trainer to staff members and supports the preceptor.
· Can manage multiple priorities.
· Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
· Professionalism: Exhibits professional behavior
· Maintains current professional licensure, BLS and certifications.
· Attends all mandatory meetings and completes all educational mandatory requirements.
· Exhibits the behavioral standards of NAMC and the ICU and serves as a role model to the staff.
· Demonstrates ICARE values in professional practice.
· Must adhere to the company’s affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policy when making all employment decisions, including reporting discipline and conflict resolution.
· Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
· Employee reflects SDH Service Excellence standards in every interaction.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The SNU ensures all supervised nursing care meets the standard of care. A primary role of the SNU is efficient bed management. This is achieved by collaborating with the House Supervisor, Case Management, Physicians and other interdisciplinary. The SNU demonstrates knowledge of national patient safety goals, hospital core measures, performance improvement processes and service excellence quality initiatives. The SNU is knowledgeable of all policies and practices relative to the role and duty performed. The SNU demonstrates at minimum, basic computer skills related to the role and care of the patient. The SNU presents a professional image and courteous demeanor at all times. The SNU works autonomously, sets priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature. The SNU interfaces directly with the public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives. The SNU ensures the confidentiality of patients’ medical records. The SNU is highly reliable and works as scheduled with minimal exceptions. The SNU demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills adequate for performance of the position. Supervisory skills and team building capabilities.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08224-54318&lang=en
• Post ID: 21472373 austin