About the Job
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Job Title: Tech Support Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
- The Technical Support Engineer role has the following primary objectives:
- Provide third level technical support to customers with their use of D&B products.
- Serve as an escalation point for other internal customer support and account teams.
- Collaborate with the development team on more complex customer issues to troubleshoot, find root causes, and generate solutions in a timely manner.
- Develop and support internal technical tools that will be critical in helping other Customer Success teams better serve our customers.
- Perform root cause analysis on escalated customer technical issues with the goal of resolving the problem or qualifying appropriately (escalate to Product Developers/Engineers if necessary).
- Enable both peers and the customer to grow their knowledge of D&B applications.
- Work directly with customers to resolve technically complex questions.
- Share and document information learned with Customer Success team members.
- Identify, report and act on issues that lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Document all customer communication appropriately in our internal CRM system (Salesforce).
- Serve as an expert with the use of D&B Hoovers.
- Create and develop new in-house tools and processes as appropriate that will further help the Customer Success Teams serve our customers.
- Work closely with other internal teams (e.g. Product, IT, Sales Operations, Engineering) to ensure that any product issues are clearly communicated and resolved in upcoming releases.
- Provide training to other internal teams as necessary in the use of D&B products.
- Help support our technical pre-sales team as needed.
- Five years product technical support experience, ideally within the business information or distributed web application sector.
- Educated to a degree level is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem assessment/solving skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, etc.).
- Experience with documenting procedures and fault-finding guides.
- Strong experience troubleshooting networking protocols, proxy servers, and web/network security.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Strong Salesforce administrative knowledge (being a Salesforce Administrator is not a core requirement but is advantageous).
- Demonstrate strong customer care and service ethic.
- Demonstrate ability to build trust and rapport with customers and team members (both inside Customer Success and the wider organization).
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- The ability to quickly diagnose a problem and correct it or escalate it.
- Must be multitask oriented, pay close attention to detail and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You are relentlessly curious and driven to dig into a functional area and understand its nuances.
- You have great oral and written communication skills so you can write bug reports in clear language and articulate complicated interactions in unambiguous terms.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https: // dnb. wd1. myworkdayjobs. com /Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
• Post ID: 28342982 austin